Experience how the Yoga Wall can add a New Dimension to your Yoga practice
Yoga West is the only studio in town to feature a 6-station, professional quality Great Yoga Wall. This innovative piece of equipment uses a system of adjustable straps and harnesses to allow you to have a whole new yoga experience.
The Yoga Wall is not a new yoga prop, having been developed as part of the Iyengar tradition years ago, but it is gaining in popularity. The wall offers considerable versatility, and can be used to hang from, lean on or push against to find stability in yoga asanas. The Yoga Wall acts like a silent partner, providing support for the body while it lengthens, stretches and opens. Think of the Yoga Wall like getting a yummy massage after a long run, or a strenuous workout.
Experienced yogis may find that the Yoga Wall will provide more access to poses that they struggle with on the mat, such as inversions and deep backbends. Students with injuries or limitations may find that the Yoga Wall provides additional support as well as freedom in the joints and muscles, allowing for some relief. Athletes may enjoy the Yoga Wall in a way similar to a deep tissue massage, by helping to release tight areas such as the shoulders, spine, and joints.
The best way to get the most benefit from the Yoga Wall is with one-on-one sessions with a trained instructor. In this way, your time on the wall can be directed to what you need to most to feel your best! If one-on-one sessions don’t fit your schedule or budget, small group sessions are available, as well.
Benefits of The Yoga Wall:
- Using this unique tool, gravity can be used as a natural form of resistance, without any additional pressure on the joints.
- can help improve overall flexibility and mobility in the joints and spine
- offers many benefits helping individuals heal from athletic injuries, arthritis, degenerative disc disease, and sciatica
- can be used as a tool to aid athletes in cross-training and preparation for their sport
- uses specific postures and positioning, movement and breath, awareness to open the joints and connective tissue
- allows standing postures, forward and back bends, twists and inversions
- Feels amazing! Clients report feeling open and spacious in their backs and hips for up to 2 days after a wall session
Contact us at email@example.com or at 281.579.2287 to book a one-on-one session. You can also easily book a one-on-one session online. Or, see our class schedule for open sessions and workshops. All open sessions are accessible to beginners unless otherwise indicated.